Monday, October 24, 2011

It's Not The Age It's The Attitude

It's Not The Age, It's The Attitude!

I adopted this motto from Dolly Mama when I started college two years ago. I started college as a non-traditional student who had never been to college before. My lifetime career was as a dance teacher and business owner for 38 years. This motto has carried me through my first two years of college and will carry me through the next two. It is not easy when you walk into the classroom and the other students think you are the teacher. Even other teachers mistake me for one of their colleagues. Since I have worked with young children, teenagers, and adults of all ages throughout my life, I am able to get along with other students very well. I make sure I am not communicating with them as if I were their mother. I try to step back and not take the leadership roles because I have had a lot of experience in this area throughout my life. I let the students step up and take charge.  They have helped me learn the ropes of college, and have been very supportive with my technological deficiences. I was very scared walking into college that very first day, but everyone has been very welcoming and supportive. Dolly Mama's positive attitude has rubbed off on me.  To be successful throughout life, attitude makes all the difference. That is why I keep reminding myself, "It's Not The Age, It's The Attitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment